Porvoo (first mentioned in 14th century) is one of the oldest cities in Finland with aproximate population of 21 000. It locates 48 km from Helsinki. The city has a long history, but past and present coexist here today in all parts of city`s life. Medieval cobblestone roads, small wooden houses, cozy coffeehouses, picturesque parks, sea with romantic embankments, well-saved wooden buildings along the river creates unforgettable and very unique atmosphere in this city!
We`re glad to offer you the following sights of the city:
- Porvoo cathedral (built in 15 century) is one of the most important places of visit in the city.
- Historical museum located in the building of Old Town Hall presents the materials describing the history of industry, commerce and architecture of the city and the country in general, there is also a big photo gallery in the museum.
- Painter Edelfeld`s museum exhibits a big variety of the works of this talented artist who was born in Porvoo.
- Runeberg`s museum. This famous Finnish poet, the author of the hymn of Finland lived in Porvoo for 25 years. Museum locates in the part of the city where medieval wooden buildings were saved till today and it`s always full of tourists.
- Museum of dolls and toys. Exhibition consists of more than 1000 dolls and more than 100 other toys of the period 1800-1970 and it is considered to be the best collection of dolls in Finland.
- Unique estate ensemble “Haikko” locates within 6 km from Porvoo and includes one of the best hotels in Finland, luxurious health resort, that’s major is cosmetology and prophylactic treatment, fitness center. There is also a big opportunity for skiing in winter and many other activities all around year here.
It`s just a small part of the places that are worth to visit in Porvoo.
Welcome to the past! Enjoy the present! You`ll not stay indifferent to this city!
Rates are on request.
- tickets to ferry to Porvoo and back
- guide according itinerary
- transport according itinerary
- entrance fee to the museums according itinerary