- Special offers
- Online booking
Sea fortress Suomenlinna (build it 1748), well-known in Russia as Sveaborg fortress, is a unique architecture monument, complex of bu ildings where people live nowadays and the great place to have a rest. Being the biggest sea constructions and the military base in the Kingdom of Sweden, this fortress served to defend Sweden from the Russian Empire for 60 years. After its seizure the fortress was in the possession of the Russian Empire for 110 years. In 1918 the fortress was renamed to Suomenlinna and nowadays it`s a Unesco world heritage site .
We are glad t o offer you to visit some popular sights in Sumenlinna:
– Military Museum exhibits various war equipment and national arms.
– Ehrensvärd`s museum is located at the territory of the fortress in one of the oldest buildings. Augustin Ehrensvärd is the founder of the fortress Suomenlinna. The museum exhibits various ship models used in that period, many paintings, pieces of furniture and weapons.
– ferry tickets from Helsinki and back
– guide according itinerary
– transport according itinerary
– entrance fee to the museums according itinerary
Additionally: lunch at a local restaurant or picnic (at summer time only).